Let’s add a little clothing challenge to the list of contests I’ve entered, shall we?
My good friend from Michigan State University (GO GREEN!), Vanessa teamed up with her good friend and fellow blogger, Kara at Everyday in Stilettos to challenge the closet owners of America to a little remix challenge. Basically, for the next thirty days, I get to mix and match thirty pieces from my closet into fabulous outfits (hopefully). To prepare for this challenge, I picked out the thirty pieces just yesterday and it made me realize a few things:
1. Since becoming a mommy, I have not shopped for one piece of clothing for myself (with the exception of a few nursing bras). I’m dealing with a lot of OLD pieces here my friends.
2. I only buy solid colored tops and need to change that in the future.
3. I have A LOT of black, white, and brown. I think the practical side of me gets drawn to these colors when purchasing items because you can wear those colors with almost anything really.
4. Target had some pocket tees last season that I think I might own in every color.
5. Most of said pocket tees in #4 are VERY stretched out due to the giant baby belly I was sporting last summer.
Since I’m not exactly in the working world, and usually only venture maybe once or twice a week, I don’t always get dressed. Let me explain that a little better. I take a shower every morning, I change my clothes so I’m not wearing pajamas all day, but sometimes a girl just wants to wear some yoga pants and a sweatshirt, ya know?! Well, this month I am making a vow to only dress for the day in the thirty items I’ve chosen and to skip out on those ever so tempting yoga pants. I have to look good for my little man after all, and for his daddy of course!
Here are the items I have to choose from.
You’ll notice that I only have jeans and a pair of leggings as options for pants. (Hey, it’s hard enough to give up the yoga pants for a month…jeans are just going to have to work!)
For the tops, I chose a lot of layering pieces in addition to a few scarves that I can change things up with here and there. I have four options for shoes, including a pair of red flats from Target that I love to wear with jeans to add some color!
I’ll most likely post a picture of an outfit from the challenge once a week! If you want to join in on the fun, here are all the details! Hurry though, the contest starts tomorrow!